When Security is A Must! The new 4C Mailboxes are built with features that promote mail security.
Check out some of the key improvements below:
Protective Lock Rim to prevent twisting and torque on the lock
3-Point Lock Cam secures the door in 4 places including the hinge side.
Smaller Carrier Access Door provides smaller pry points and increased overall strength.
4C Mailbox Product Features:
- USPS Approved
- Made from a high strength and stainless steel
- Flush surface design and concealed hinges
- Tampering and prying open doors is close to impossible
- Double-wall door design increases pull test capacity
- Closer tolerances of each box reduces the size of pry points
- Units feature a 3-point cam lock with protective lock rim
- Door secures in four places including hinge side
- Each unit comes with an outgoing mail slot and carrier access door
- Outgoing mail slot features a saw tooth guard to prevent mail from being fished out
- Available Options: size, door count, custom colors (minimums apply)
- Installation is easy! 4C Mailboxes quickly install between wall studs
- Recommended for Indoor Use Only
- Residential Builings
- Multi-Family Residences
- Centralized Mail Delivery Locations
- Industrial Complexes
- High Security Locations
- Private Delivery Dorms
- Office Mail Rooms
- Parcel Delivery Locations
- Private Postal Centers
- Government Agencies
- K-12 Schools
- Financial Institutions
- Military Bases
- Medical Facilities
- Colleges and Universities
- Apartment Complexes & Condos
Postal Products Unlimited, Inc. is first to manufacture the USPS approved Standard 4C Horizontal Mailboxes – primarily to be used in apartment complexes, commercial buildings and multi-family homes. In cooperation with the USPS and a National Consensus Committee, we have designed the 4C mailbox to meet today’s consumer mailing habits, as well as provide increased security.
As of October 6, 2006, the 4C Horizontal Mailbox will be mandatory on any new construction projects. Arrow locks are only allowed to be installed on units that meet the current specifications. Please call us for assistance with drawings or choosing the appropriate 4C mailbox for future projects. 4C Mailbox CAD files are available to download.
Interested in USPS approved outdoor mailbox systems? Find out more about Cluster Box Units.